Val's Log

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Return of Mr. Big Brother

Yes, 1 of the founders of the Wack Pack, Sean (aka Mr. Big Brother), made an appearance in the true-life sitcom known as my life last week. (please see March archive for background story)

This wasn’t the first time that I had run into Sean since that incident. We had a class together a couple of months ago. He said hi, I said a quick hi & turned back around. And the rest of the day I purposely made sure he didn’t have a chance to talk to me.

My girls had even run into him at the club a while back. When they told me they were like “What would you have said?” So, since I had time to mentally prepare for our next run in, I was able to come up with one of my best 1-liners ever in case he ever tried to talk to me again in life…. “Oh. I didn’t think you wanted to talk to me since you had your little sister to hang out with.”

Last week I was minding my own business at work getting something to drink in our coffee break area. I look up & BAM! There’s Sean right in my face!!! I must admit that I have NEVER been so caught off guard in my entire life. And you might be asking why I was so shocked since we do work for the same company. Well, we don’t even work in the same city let alone the same building or floor!!! And, to my disappointment, I was caught soooo off guard that I didn’t get my 1-liner out. Damn!

So, I’m sitting there having small talk with this fool. He asked me how work was going. Then he said “how is everything else going?” And I was like “Everything’s good. You know there’s always something going on.” And then Sean goes “So, you’re not married yet. Are you?” NO HE DIDN’T! We continued to chit chat for a second before he goes “Well, I don’t want to hold you up….. You look good.” I’m thinking “Of course I look good you jerk.” But I just said “Thank you. Have a nice day.”

Guys always want what they can’t have. And they realize that they missed out on a good thing when it’s so late that they don’t even have a chance anymore! WACK!

1 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am I wrong for still laughing at you a week later?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home