Val's Log

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Now I Ain’t Sayin’ I’m a Gold Digger, but…..

I was recently reading an article on CNN titled Top Ten Millionaire Counties. It lists the counties in the country that have the highest concentration of millionaires. As to be expected, LA County was #1 on the list. But to my surprise, Harris County was #6 with 96,593 millionaire households! So, this got me thinking…. “What does that mean to a single woman?” So I decided to do a little research and crunch some numbers…..

Here are the facts based on census information: 25% of all households are single person (individual) households. 49.2% of the population is male. 26% of the population is between the ages of 20 and 34. If you apply these straightforward numbers to the number of millionaire households, that means that there are approximately 3,100 single male millionaires living in Harris County.

But we do need to be realistic….. In this day & age we know that on average women are paid less than their male counterparts. There are probably significantly more male than female millionaires. Also, I highly doubt that 26% of the millionaires are between the ages of 20 and 34. So based on my own estimates, I’d have to say that there are maybe 400 single male millionaires in the county. (But then you have to ask yourself “How many of them are gay, bisexual, or on the down low?”)

So where are all of the straight millionaire bachelors? My guess is probably hanging out somewhere that we can’t afford. But one of my friends did make an interesting point… All you may need is that 1 chance to go to one of these places and you might hit it big. All you have to do is take out a loan in the mean time. Don’t worry. Hopefully you’ll be able to pay it back soon! lol

I do feel the need to make sure that everyone understands that I’m not a gold digger. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with looking for someone who is financially stable, career driven and goal oriented, and is or could potentially be successful. I can’t help it if millionaires fall into this category. ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 3/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got lost in your facts and figuring. So how many women does that constitute? I would do it myself, but that's too much math to be doing not to get paid for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home