Val's Log

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Ain't No Holla Back Girl!

Fellas, please learn how to step to a lady if you’re seriously feelin’ her. If you live by these 4 simple rules, you might actually get a 1st date with a lady with some class.

1. Show some respect. I can’t count how many times I heard this while walking across my college campus: “Pssssst! Say red. Let me holla at you for a minute.” Red? Why don’t you try asking me what my name is? Or even say “Excuse me, miss. What’s your name? Where are you from? Can I take you out tonight?” (Luther Vandross knew what he was talking about!)

2. Ask her out on a real first date! Invite her to the movies, to dinner, or even just for coffee. But for goodness sakes, DO NOT say “Do you want to come over to my crib and kick it or watch a movie or something?” This sends 1 of 4 messages to her: 1) You don’t have enough money for a latte 2) You don’t want to be seen with her in public (maybe b/c you already have a girlfriend 3) You’re really excited that you’re parents are gone for the weekend because you have the whole house to yourself instead of just the basement or 4) It’s a booty call & not a date

3. Don’t “spit game”. But if you must, you might want to make sure that there’s no one in the vicinity that’s gonna mess up your flow. Case in point: I was in a young women’s clothing store at the mall one day. I guess this guy saw me in the store and followed me in. This fool is trying to holla, asking if I have a boyfriend, can he get my number. And then his mother walks in the store!!! She’s like “Boy, leave that young lady alone. She doesn’t want to talk to you.”

4. Don’t get mad. If a woman ignores your feeble attempt to strike up a conversation, there is no need to get mad at her. It’s not her fault that you ain’t got no game. And it’s not her fault that you’re wack. Put the blame where the blame should lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home