Val's Log

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'll Marry You If You Want Me To

Now there is this couple (we’ll call them Ann & Bob). Now like most serious couples, Ann and Bob had casually/hypothetically talked about getting married on several occasions. Although they were in love, the fact that it was eventually long-distance put too much strain on the relationship. So they broke up but still remained friends.
So one evening Ann & Bob were having one of these hypothetical marriage talks thrown in with comments about how they were still in love but lived so far apart. Bob then says “I’ll marry you if you want me to.”
Now you know I had plenty to say about that…. 1.) How does someone go from ex-boyfriend to fiancée in 2.4 seconds flat? 2) There is a lot more to marriage than just saying “I do”. And getting married won’t automatically fix everything. 3) “I’ll marry you if you want me to” is what guys say when they get a girl knocked up and that definitely was not the case in this situation. 4) Women dream about their proposal & wedding beginning when they are little. Newsflash: Saying it like that isn’t exactly what little girls dream of.
But something good has come out of this situation. My friend Juanito & I realized that we need to write a book about all of the stupid things that people say when they’re dating. Now we have a title….

1 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thus story is very funny. The guy who said that must have been ingenius when it comes to women. Maybe guys are scared of marriage but the fear of losing someone they love is greater than that????? What do I know im just a stupid guy we have very mixed feelings about love and marriage, hell most guys only get married cuz they have to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home