Val's Log

Saturday, August 19, 2006

My Trip to Barnes & Noble

Today I had to make a run to the bookstore. Before I left, I thought to myself "You know what? Supposedly book stores are great places to meet people." With that in mind I went, looking cute but casual. Now, I wouldn't exactly say I was on the prowl, but if something happens it happens.

Low and behold, as I'm browsing the summer read paperbacks, this guy asks me how I'm doing. I look up and just say okay because it very well could have just been innocent small talk. Besides, this dude is at least a foot shorter and 10 or 15 years older than me (not to mention that he couldn't be further from the typical guys that I talk to). But then he asks me my name. Then he says "My name is Randy". And I wanted to say "I know. I can see that on your shirt", but I didn't.

Then I told him how old I was because he asked. His response was "Wow, you look like you're about 17 or 18. You're smokin'!" (Which didn't surprise me, because I know I don't look my age.) At that point I wished him a good weekend and went on about my business. And then I started to think... His old a** was trying to holla at me when he thought I was 18! Okay sicko. I really think he was just in Barnes & Noble because he was on the prowl. So, my trip to the bookstore didn't go exactly how I would have liked, but I did get the books I wanted.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/21/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (Pointing and laughing at you)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home