Val's Log

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hot Mess Award - Europe Edition

These are all from my trip last week...

1. Me, Earnest & Crystal: Yes, I have to nominate myself and my travel companions. While we were in Europe we ate Burger King, McDonald’s and even went to Starbucks more than once.
2. Pick Pockets: Apparently the pick pockets are extremely bad in Paris. So bad, that when we went to the Eiffel Tower, they had a sign outside the elevator that told us to beware of them. Why in the hell would a pick pocket pay the admission fee to go up the Eiffel Tower? Hmm… Operating expenses I guess. (Is that tax deductible?)
3. Souvenir sellers outside Eiffel Tower: As soon as we exited, there were about 15 guys (I swear I’m not exaggerating) lined up all trying to sell the same light up Eiffel Tower. OK, if I didn’t buy one from your 80 other homies that tried to sell them to me before I went inside, and if I didn’t buy one from the 1st guy at the exit, what makes guy #15 think I want 1 from him?
4. Smokers: They were everywhere. I swear I thought I was going to die of second-hand smoke while I was over there.
5. Moulin Rouge: Probably the only place in the world where you can find a dentist’s office next door to a sex toy shop.
6. Bathrooms: A lot of the places are pay toilets only. And at one of the places we went to eat, Crystal actually had to use a code on the food receipt to get into the bathroom.
7. London clubs: You have to be on the guest list to get into seemingly every club.
8. Our Tour Guide: When we were taking a bus tour in London, the guide stopped at the convenience store. When he came out, he had a brown bag with some kind of beverage in it…





And the winner of Europe’s Hot Mess Award (literally) is the weather! Not only were they having a heat wave while we were there with temperatures up to the 90s, but most of the places don’t have A/C since it usually doesn’t get hot there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home