Val's Log

Monday, June 26, 2006

D.C.: The Good, The Bad, & The Wack

I had a business trip to D.C. last week (Thanks, Kristle!). And I can’t help but comment on my experience…

The Good:

  • Even though it was a business trip, I did have a chance to fit in some fun and do some sightseeing.
  • We went out to Club Fur. I really like this place because the DJ was good and there was a diverse crowd there.
  • I have to give a shout out to the Concierge at our hotel, Jimmy. He was very professional and friendly, but didn’t mind breakin’ it down for us when we asked him about D.C.’s nightlife. And all of this was just friendly banter without him trying to holla at us. I gotta give props to someone who knows how to act right on the job but can “keep it real” when you ask him to.

The Bad:

  • We flew Southwest and everyone was lining up to board 3 hours before the flight (some even putting their suitcase in line to hold their place). These people were waiting in line like they were trying to get into the club for free before 11 p.m.!
  • I usually have a car service pick me up from the airport when I go on business trips. They’ve always been excellent. But this time, my driver didn’t know where the hell he was going! What’s wack is that he knew that he didn’t know where he was going but never asked. And when I finally took over and started dictating directions to him, he didn’t know the difference between his right and left.

& The Wack:

  • When security searches your purse at Fur, they’ll throw away any gum that they find.
  • I was all excited because LL Cool J was supposed to be hosting the party that night. But we left at 3:30 and his wack a** still hadn't shown up. This Lady doesn’t Love Cool James anymore.
  • The guys at the club there are extremely aggressive! Like Fergie says in My Humps: “Don’t pull on my hand, boy! You ain’t my man, boy!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home