Val's Log

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Hot Mess of the Week Award

I’ve decided that I need to give out a weekly “Hot Mess” Award. There are just too many deserving people in this world not to recognize them. So each award entry I’ll list my nominees and then who I think the winner is. But feel free to post who your pick for the week is! So, here are my nominees and winner:

1. People who use “reply all” instead of “reply” when responding to e-mails. I was particularly annoyed at work this week when someone did this. Basically, they replied to all just to ask “Why am I getting this meeting notice? I’m in Canada.” First of all, you only need to reply to the person that sent it to you. Secondly, they provide not only teleconferencing but also web conferencing information for this meeting. And lastly, you need to realize that you are getting this e-mail because you are on a list serve. If you don’t want to be on that list anymore, contact the owner.

2. Mariah Carey. No, Mimi didn’t have another nervous breakdown. She’s about to go on tour and is charging $130 for a ticket. Does she think she’s Prince or Madonna? Sorry honey, but you haven’t been around as long as them.


3. Men who try and mack on women but tend to leave out the fact that they are married and have kids. Enough said.

4. Snoop Dogg. I just saw that he did a song with the Pussycat Dolls. I'm sorry, but anyone who claims they're 'gansta' should not be doing a song with the Pussycat Dolls.

5. The Pussycat Dolls. OK, let's be realistic. Only 1 of the girls out of the group can sing. Honey, you need to get your own record deal.

And the winner is….. The Kool-Aid Twins. (A picture is worth a thousand words.)

2 Comments:

  • At 6/03/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since I experienced the 12 emails from the "reply to all" gang, i think they should win. I think they were robbed man. I want a recount

     
  • At 6/05/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN to number 3. What's the point of wedding ring if you never wear it? I call it FALSE ADVERTISMENT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home